Congratulations on taking the first step to delighting your patients with an affordable one visit dental crown solution.
To get the most out of the One Visit Crown system, it is important you receive clinical training to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible with the procedure.
The secret to a successful first OVC case is to be prepared.
We’ve included in this post a checklist, plus extra tips so you can systematically plan your first OVC restoration and ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
We’ve also included links where you can access further clinical training.
Key resources we recommend you review before your first OVC case:
- Read the latest OVC Instructions
- Download the OVC Chairside Guide for use during the procedure
- Review OVC case studies on our website
- Watch the clinical run-through video in our videos section
Checklist for your First OVC Case
It is recommended to allow additional time for your first few OVC procedures in case they run a bit over time while you are learning. Scheduling prior to your lunch break or at the end of the day could be useful.
Choose a first case that has easier access and visibility – many clinicians find that lower molars or premolars are easiest. It goes without saying that the case should be one that you don’t think has an overly complicated clinical situation.
If you want to feel more relaxed, you may wish to offer your first OVC cases to a staff member or patient you are familiar with and explain to them that you are trying a new procedure.
Remember, there will be a learning curve with the OVC. As with any new product and procedure it takes around 3-4 cases before you develop your own preference for technique.
Please allow at least 10 working days in your treatment plan to have the OVC ordered and shipped to your practice.
Make sure that you are prepared – use the handy OVC Chairside Guide as a reference during your procedure to make sure that you don’t skip any important steps. Review the instructions and clinical videos on our website and if you have any clinical questions or require more training visit the dentists area on our website.
We highly recommend that you attend one of our hands-on training events, however if you can’t make it to any of our events, that’s okay – please spend some time watching our instructional videos, or schedule a one-on-one online training with one of our knowledgeable product specialists.
If you have any doubts at all, we are there to support you every step of the way – you can contact us anytime on our freephone numbers.
Still have questions? For a speedy reply – email email@example.com.
Look For Ideal OVC Cases
Select Your Case
- The OVC procedure is ideal for patients who:
- have previously deferred crown treatment due to cost barriers (sending a letter like the example in this pack is an excellent way to recoup lost income).
- are time poor such as tourists or corporate business people.
- need multiple crowns.
- need emergency treatment.
- live a long way from your practice.
- need a root canal as well as a crown and cannot afford both procedures.
- want a conservative option to a traditional crown.
- would otherwise choose a large composite build-up or a tooth extraction.
The OVC is also popular among young patients, retirees, uninsured, veterans or low-middle income patients.
NEED MORE CLINICAL SUPPORT?
Are you still unsure or have questions about the One Visit Crown – please contact our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org.