We recommend Dual-arch trays.
The impression is best taken at the initial consultation. If, at the consultation, the patient is unsure as to which treatment option to take, we recommend taking a “no obligation quick impression” to prevent the patient having to return.
For a usable impression, please ensure the following:
• The patient’s teeth must be in centric occlusion.
• Include teeth on either side of the treatment tooth.
• Canines should be in the impression as our lab needs canine-guidance to get the occlusion correct.
• The entire crown of the tooth to be treated should be in the impression. Less impression material is required for the opposing arch as only the occlusal surfaces are required.
Any silicone impression material is suitable. We recommend fast set PVS materials such as bite
impression materials. Cavex ColorChange Alginate is also acceptable as this is dimensionally stable for 7-9 days.
If you are concerned about the longevity of alginate, please cast the treatment side with
Wrap in damp tissue and place in a Ziplock bag. Wrap impressions carefully in bubble-wrap to
minimise the chance of distortion during shipping to the lab.
Australia Shipping Instructions
- To arrange a pickup – email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you have an impression to pick up.
- Our team will email you the shipping label. Please print this label and affix it to the outside of your package so that the barcode is facing outwards.
- Wrap your impression and place it inside the supplied courier bag or appropriate
packaging with the prescription form.
AU Free Phone: 1800 449 282
New Zealand Shipping Instructions
Wrap your impression and place it inside the supplied courier bag or appropriate packaging with the completed prescription form.
4b Sheffield St, Katikati, 3129
NZ Free Phone: 0800 746 634